Kyiv has amazing museums with unbelievable artifacts. Capital’s museums offer an unforgettable experience for visitors and are a proud symbol of cultural pride for locals. As an added bonus, many of these institutions offer free or discounted admission days. The list below provides more specific information about special museum offers for November, 2017.
Tuesday, November 14th
- Kavaleridze Workshop Museum. The workshop museum is situated in a house built in 1890s, where I. Kavaleridze – prominent sculptor, film director and dramatist, People's Artist of the USSR lived while working on the monument to Princess Olha in Kyiv.
(Address: 21, Andriyivsky descent, Kyiv).
Photo below: part of the Kavaleridze Workshop Museum exposition.
Read: Main Opera and Ballet Performances of November 2017 in Kyiv
Thursday, November 16th
- The museum of prominent Ukrainian artists. The exposition of the museum reveals the life stories of famous Ukrainian personalities such as Lesya Ukainka, Mykola Lysenko, Panas Saksahansky, Mikhail Starytsky. (Address: 97/95б/95 Saksahanskoho street, Kyiv).
Friday, November 24th
- Ukrainian Diaspora Museum (40B, Moskovska street, Kyiv)
- Kyiv Fortress historical and architectural museum. Kyiv Fortress is the biggest man-made fortress in Europe and the second in size in the world. There was a time when it destroyed half of the city without making a single shot: inhabitants of the whole area – Pechersk – were forced to move and many people were evicted because of its construction. The Fortress was constructed in several stages – from 1706 till 1870. The main construction (New Pechersk Fortress) was built in 1830-50th during the regency of Nikolai the First. Kyiv became the most fortified big city in Europe. (Address: 24a, Hospitalna street, Kyiv).
- Ukrainian State Museum of Theater, Music and Cinema. The State Museum of Theater, Music and Cinema of Ukraine is the only museum of this kind in the country. The museum's collections feature unique exhibits of theater, music and cinema history. The collections were started in 1923 and became a basis for the scientific research and the documentation of cultural history of Ukraine. (Address: 9, Lavrska street, Building 24, Kyiv).
Photo above: Kyiv Fortress historical and architectural museum.
Sunday, November 26th
- Pavlo Tychyna Memorial Museum (5, Tereshchenkivska street, Kyiv)
- Maksym Ryl’skyy Memorial Museum (7, Maksym Ryl’skyy street, Kyiv)
- Maria Zankovetska Memorial Museum (121, Velyka Vasyl’kivska street, Kyiv)
- National Fine Arts Museum (6, Hrushevskyy street, Kyiv) Monday, November 27th
- National Museum of the History of Ukraine. The National Museum of the History of Ukraine illustrates Ukraine's history from ancient times till nowadays. (Address: 2, Volodymyrska street, Kyiv).
- Ukrainian State Museum of Theater, Music and Cinema. The State Museum of Theater, Music and Cinema of Ukraine is the only museum of this kind in the country. The museum's collections feature unique exhibits of theater, music and cinema history. The collections were started in 1923 and became a basis for the scientific research and the documentation of cultural history of Ukraine. (Address: 9, Lavrska street, Building 26, Kyiv).
- Hetman Era Historical Museum (16, B, Spass’ka street, Kyiv)
Wednesday, November 29th
- National Literature Museum of Ukraine. The Collection keeps over 30,000 authentic items and records. This unique exhibit includes such treasures as the hand-written Listvytsya by Ioann Sinayskyi (16th c.) and Apostle, the first printed book, by Ivan Fedorov. (Address: 11 Bohdan Khmelnytskyi street, Kyiv).
- Taras Shevchenko Literature Museum and Memorial House. It is one of the three Shevchenko`s museums in Kyiv. The Memorial Museum reproduces the atmosphere of 1846-47th, when Shevchenko lived in Kyiv till his arrest in the case of Kyril and Mefodiy Association. The building itself is a rarity of Kyiv house building of the first half of the 19th century. (Address: 8a, Shevchenko’s lane, Kyiv).
Photo above: National Museum of the History of Ukraine.
Thursday, November 30th
- Taras Shevchenko Memorial House Museum (5, Vyshgorodska street, Kyiv)
- Taras Shevchenko National Museum (12, Taras Shevchenko Boulevard, Kyiv)
Mykhaylo Hryshevskyy Memorial Museum (9, Pan’kivska street, Kyiv).
Read: We Contemporary 2017: Ukraine Edition Exhibition in Kyiv