Fabrizio Righetti - the chef of Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv restaurants (K-LARGO LOUNGE BAR, BISTRO CÔTÉ EST, MILLE MIGLIA RISTORANTE & ENOTECA) - cooks a risotto with gorgonzola, radicchio and red wine.
Rice carnaroli 320 g
Radicchio from chioggia 400 g
Gorgonzola 150 g
Butter 30 g
White onion 50 g
Red Wine 100 g
Water for a vegetable broth 1 l
1. We start to cook the vegetable broth. We cut a carrot, an onion and celery and put into hot water. Boil it for 15 min.
2. Cut a half of the onion into very small pieces and fry gently with butter into a pot about 3 minutes, mixing it.
3. Add rice into fried onion, mix it and add some broth to cover the rice.
4. Cook the rice about 10 min, mixing it and adding the broth if needed.
5. Than we cut radicchio and add into rice.
6. In 5 minutes after we add red wine into rice and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
7. Add the broth while it covers the rice on 2 fingers’ level.
8. When the rice is ready we remove the pot from the fire and add there some butter and gorgonzola cheese. Mix the risotto.
9. Now the dish needs some minutes of rest.
10. Serve the red risotto with red wine or strong white wine.