Good dining and good wine often go hand in hand, so «Destinations» rounded up Kyiv restaurants with great wine lists.
Vino e Cucina is a beautiful place with delicious food and amazing wine menu. The large two-story building hosts three independent and at the same time interconnected halls that have their own atmosphere: enoteca, cozy home-style pizzeria and a refined Italian restaurant. Vino e Cucina’s enoteca counts more than 800 wines, including 100 kinds of sparkling wines and 50 types of grappa. Italian wines make up to 80% of the collection and the remaining 20% come from France, Spain and countries of the New World.
Address: 82 Sichovyh Striltsiv str., Kyiv
Read: Places to Enjoy a Glass of Wine in Kyiv
Lucky Restaurant Vinotheque is a cuisine of impression, a gastro travel with a strong character and gentle taste. Chef, a gastro traveller Vladimir Yaroslavskiy, has made his own menu which is diverse and rich in classic dishes from all around the world.
Furthermore, his characteristic interpretation of the best recipes and unique way of serving transform traditional cuisine into a masterpiece.
In the core of Vladimir Yaroslavskiy’s own “Contemporary Kitchen” approach there are healthy and hearty Italian cuisine, exquisite dishes made with special French thoroughness and attention to details.
Vinotheque expands culinary horizon and invites guests to a world of haute cuisine and delicious wines. Restaurant’s wine list is the biggest in Ukraine.
Address: 9, Mechnikova str, Kyiv
Vinsanto is a classic European wine bar. There is a facile and relaxed atmosphere over there as well as laconic and comfortable interior and attentive service. The most important thing, the heart of the bar is the wine list. It includes only the best wine from the best wineries of the world. Menu contains a large number of cheeses, meat delicacies, hot and cold platters, salads and a carefully selected choice of main courses.
The wine list here is not standard. The sommelier made a choice in favor of less famous and well known. However, such selection inferior neither the quality of brands, nor the taste of wine.
Address: 20 Pushkinska str., Kyiv
BOTTEGA Wine & Tapas is a wine bar, on the first place. Its sommelier and co-owner, who can be often seen there, developed the first and the only wine list of Spanish wines in Ukraine based not on the geography of origin, but on the style and taste of wines. A wide selection of wines, such as Sherry and Rioja, Albariño and Ribeiro del Duero, is served by glasses for average prices. The food menu is based on the traditions of the Spanish cuisine. More than 20 varieties of tapas – with fish, meat, seafood and vegetables - are served on all kinds of bases: from bread to artichokes. For the main courses, BOTTEGA offers three types of paellas, salads, fish, seafood, and classic meat.
Address: 13 Tereshchenkivska str., Kyiv
Pantagruel osteria is a popular place for dining and drinking. In front of this place there is a monument dedicated to the cat named Panteleimon or just Pontusha that used to live in the restaurant and died during fire that occurred there some years ago.
Address: 1. Lysenka Str., Kyiv
101 Wine Bar in Good Wine. Good Wine premium grocery store in Kyiv has undergone some major renovation recently. Now customers can enjoy an impressive selection of top-notch products from deli corner, grill zone, healthy food section as well as interesting conceptual solutions in liquor section.
101 Wine Bar in Good Wine is a concept wine tasting bar offering 101 (no surprise here) wine brands and a pleasant selection of appetizers. Guests can pair a glass of wine with the cheeses, tapas, tar tar, jamón, prime seafood and ribs.
Address: 9, Mechnikova street, Kyiv.
Read: Ukrainian Wineries Worth Visiting
Image source: shutterstock.com, Facebook pages of businesses mentioned in the article. All images belong to their respected owners.