On September 4 - 10, 2017 the Ukrainian Fashion Week shows of SS18 collections will take place in Kyiv in Mystetskyy Arsenal.
"The main criterion to evaluate each Fashion Week is the authority and the achievements of designers participating in it. This season at UFW you will see 67 designers - 67 success stories that inspire country and the whole world. Even in the short time between the shows of UFW, the story of each member has been enriched with new victories that have an effect on the development of the fashion industry of Ukraine as a whole" – noted Iryna Danylevska, the Head of Ukrainian Fashion Week Organizing Committee.
Ukrainian Fashion Week was founded 20 years ago and became the first prêt-à-porter Fashion Week within the Eastern Europe.
Today Ukrainian Fashion Week is:
• important part of the world fashion industry;
• designers are selling their works to 42 countries of the world;
• 6 foreign projects per year (London, Paris, Milan, Tbilisi, Toronto, Warsaw);
• the international business program for Ukrainian designers with foreign mentors;
• the involvement of Ukrainian designers into the state program of export development;
• the platform for the development for young talents;
• a new history of country through culture and сreativity.
#New Generation Day
Ukrainian Fashion Week has always supported young talents and created conditions for their development.The organizers unite the shows of young designers in independent platform - New Generation Day - which will be held on September 9, 2017 in Mystetskyi Arsenal. The New Name show will be open by 6 designers; they will present their collections on a main catwalk for the first time. 16 brands will be presented on this day.
Ukrainian Fashion Week continues to develop real and permanent cooperation with the international professional community to create new opportunities for designers and to support them:
• Scouts of LVMH Prize and Vogue Talents will select potential participants of the most prestigious international contests for young designers;
• Stylist Vogue Italia will work on collections of some Ukrainian designers;
• Farfetch will be partner with common project of Ukrainian Fashion Week and British Council and will select 7 young designers - participants of the Fashion DNA program, which will be held for the third time;
• In September, an international educational project is launched in partnership with the British Council and the British Fund for business development and technological innovation Nesta. Start the program of training on creative economy in fashion, which will provide the necessary skills and knowledge to start your own business in the field of fashion.
• the presentation of ХХХ Сreative Service project;
• NOMODELS х I hate models project;
• New Generation Party.
Read: Young Ukrainian Designers to Watch Image source: fashionweek.ua.