Some of the museums of Kiev have prepared their special programs to celebrate the festival from May 14, 2016 till May 21, 2016. Not all of the museums are involved, as it is quite difficult to organize the night guarding and overtime work, however, you can get involved with the Museum Day in Kiev with the following institutions.
Taras Shevchenko Museum
The special program is scheduled for May 14:
- 10am: Photo exhibition ‘Kiev and Kiev residents’
- 12pm and 4pm: theatrical tour ‘The drawings that come to life’ within the presentation of new collection of original works by Taras Shevchenko, famous Ukrainian poet and artist.
- 1pm: Presentation of the exhibition project ‘Dubia/Questionable’.
- 5pm – 6pm: concert of popular classical music performed by Kiev Symphony Orchestra.
Read: Best Galleries in Kyiv
Museum of Ukrainian History
May 18 is the day of free admission to the museum and specially organized program will include:
- 12pm, 2pm, 4pm: free tours.
- 12pm: interactive family tour ‘Dad, Mom, and I in the labyrinth of time’.
- 2pm: interactive tour-game ‘You are an archaeologist’ for children (10-14 years old).
- 3:30pm: author tour ‘Secrets of ancient craftsmanship of jewelers’.
- 6pm: theatrical tour ‘Golden Scythian’.
On May 21, 2016 at 9pm, a tour, which promises a travel to prehistoric times, when people were struggling to survive in the conditions of existence of the glacial tundra, will be held as a part of the night program. ‘Prehistoric night’ tour will feature film screening, guttural singing, workshops, quests, meeting dawn at the museum and mystical tour with candlesticks.
Bohdan and Varvara Khanenko Museum
May 18: free admission all day long and the opening of the exhibition ‘Art and science’.
May 21: the special program ‘Patterns of Cultural Landscapes in Europe and Asia in the ornaments of Khanenko Museum’ that will feature quest, presentation of a new tour, workshops for children and music program.
Celebrate the Museum Day in Kiev by visiting capital’s museums special events!