To mark the launch of the competition and to give everyone a chance to get in on the action – even those not quite ready for global super stardom – tech-driven Aloft Hotels is setting up state-of-the-art shower audio recording booths in a selection of its properties across Europe for guests to step into and show off their vocal talents while staying with Aloft.
The Project: Aloft Star Europe 2018 contest, which kicks off on Monday 13th August 2018, is part of Marriott International’s first-of-its-kind global partnership with UMG&B, which has evolved to include a focus on developing emerging talent. Aspiring artists are invited to submit an original song for consideration. Those who get through the initial selection process and public voting will go on to perform in front of headline judge and Artist Ambassador JP Cooper, known for his hit songs ‘September Song’ and ‘Perfect Strangers’, as well as an expert panel of judges in November at the Aloft Hotel in Munich, Germany.
Musicians can enter contest starting today for a chance to win a prize that includes:
- Releasing their own single through one of UMG’s prestigious music labels
- Production of a music video to accompany their single
- Dedicated A&R mentoring from UMG’s unrivaled executives
Audio Recording Booths For Shower Superstars
For guests who normally prefer to keep their vocal talents to singing in the shower, there will be the chance to step into state-of-the-art shower audio recording booths set up in dedicated rooms at select locations around Europe during the course of Project: Aloft Star 2018. The booths take full advantage the room’s acoustics by mimicking the experience of singing in the shower, but come fully-equipped with waterproof studio equipment that can be used to sing a song, record it, listen back or share it. Guests staying at Aloft Hotels in London, Brussels, Munich and Kiev will be able to access these special “shower studios” during their stay to coincide with the Project: Aloft Star 2018 competition.
As a truly global hotel brand, concurrent Project: Aloft Star competitions are running with Aloft Hotels and UMG&B in the Americas, Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific to find the next big music stars in these regions. The winners will all have the opportunity to record a single with UMG and gain access to mentoring opportunities with UMG representatives. For more information about the global competition, visit alofthotels.com.
Project: Aloft Star Europe 2018 Competition Details
- Starting 13th August and running until 27th August, unsigned bands and artists from European countries where Aloft Hotels are present (United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, Turkey & Ukraine), are invited to upload an original song (in video format) along with a photo through Projectaloftstareu.dja.com for consideration by a panel of judges from UMG and Aloft Hotels.
- After entries have closed, the panel will shortlist 20 bands/artists from each of the five countries.
- From 31st August until 11th September, voting will open to the public in the five participating countries to vote for their favorite act from their region. Each individual will be given a chance to vote once per day for the duration of the public vote.
- Following the public vote, the top three acts per region with the highest number of votes will progress to the semi-final stage. Each region will then have a panel of local music experts choose the winner to go onto represent their country in the grand finale on 15th November.
- All five finalists will perform at the Project: Aloft Star Europe Finale at Aloft Munich on 15th November. The winner will then be chosen by the panel of judges, including Artist Ambassador JP Cooper, and last year’s winner Kris Evans.
For full details about the competition in all four regions and to enter the competition, please visit: alofthotels.com.
Photos provided by Aloft Hotels.