IKEA in Kyiv: when?
The news about the opening of IKEA in Ukraine has been circulating at least for a couple of months. At the beginning of December, the planned date has been announced by the owner of Mandarin Plaza company Vagif Aliyev, reports Segodnya.ua.
IKEA will be located in the new Ocean Mall shopping mall near the Lybidska metro station. The opening of the shopping mall is planned for September 1, 2019. Apart from IKEA, shops like H&M, Zara, Pull&Bear, Massimo Dutti, Bershka, Stradivarius, Oysho, Zara Home of Inditex Group, as well as IMAX will also appear in Ocean Mall.
SALT Restaurant Award 2018 winners
On December 2, Congress and Exhibition Center "Parkovy" in Kyiv hosted the SALT 2018 Award Ceremony. The national restaurant award SALT is one of the most prestigious awards in Ukrainian fine dining business. Many of this year's nominees are located in Kyiv.
The winners of SALT 2018 are the following:
- The best meat restaurant - Goodman (Kyiv)
- The best fish restaurant - Catch Seafood Restaurant (Kyiv)
- Restaurant with the best wine list - Bernardazzi restaurant (Odesa)
- Discovery of the Year - Mimosa Brooklyn Pizza (Kyiv)
- The best pastry shop - HONEY. Cafe-confectionery (Kyiv)
- The best restaurant in a hotel - VOGUE Café (Kyiv)
- The best city cafe - The Life of Wonderful People / ЖЗЛ (Kyiv)
- The best coffee shop - ONE LOVE coffee (St. Nicholas Cathedral, Kyiv)
- The best bar - Parovoz Speak Easy (Kyiv)
- The best country restaurant - TERRACE (Lviv)
- The best beer restaurant - Solomianska Brewery (Kyiv)
- The best restaurant of Ukrainian cuisine - KHUTORETS on Dnipro (Kyiv)
- The best restaurant of national cuisine - Chang (Kyiv)
- The best pub - Kedy Iskusstvoveda (Dnipro)
- The best cafe-bakery - Bakehouse (Kyiv)
- The best street-food - Furgoneta (Kyiv)
A new schedule of the Kyiv-Boryspil express
The long-awaited Kyiv-Boryspil express that departs from the Kyiv Passenger Railway Station was launched on November 30. Ukrzaliznytsia has reported that 6 thousand passengers have already used the train. The route and schedule, however, are different than planned initially.
The train will maintain the route Kyiv-Passazhyrskyi - Darnytsia - KBP Airport. Vydubychi is no longer included in the route. Starting December 4, the express will have fewer night trains. You can view the entire schedule at the official Ukrzaliznytsia website.
An archeological expedition finds numismatic treasures
About 2 kg of silver coins - 1 ruble and 50, 20, and 10 kopiikas - were found by the expedition in the basement of the demolished building on the territory of Ancient Kyiv historical preserve. The coins date back to 1817-1912.
According to the archeologists, it's hard to tell why the coins were buried.
They, however, provided an urban legend - as the neighboring building used to be a bank, the coins might be hidden treasures of a bank worker that used to live nearby during the rocky times of the 19th-20th centuries. The coins will become a part of the Archaeological Museum IA NASU exposition.
A new mini-sculpture in Kyiv
The sculpture depicts one of the most iconic Ukrainian artifacts - Kyiv Pectoral, commonly known as a Scythian Pectoral. According to the project's founder Yulia Bevzenko, the jewelry was made by an unknown master approximately 2300 years ago. It is kept at the Museum of Historical Treasures of Ukraine in Kyiv. The estimated value of Pectoral is ten million dollars. The composition of the jewelry reflects the structure of the Universe as seen by the Scythians.
You can find the new mini-sculpture in the arch of the Kyiv Passage - on 15, Khreshchatyk Street, closer to Maria Zankovetska Street.
Photo sources: Andrii Prots / managerofkyiv.com, Oleksandr Nykoriak / Facebook, saltawards.com, depositphotos.com, kmu.gov.ua. All images belong to their rightful authors.